That is the truth!
I started by stripping down the windows to get off some of the many, many layers of paint. The windows are all caulked shut in the house, so I had to strip the paint down to get to the caulk to undo the windows. I also had to strip them down to make the windows locks and other hardware usable again and to be able to paint, since the many layers had lots of cracks in the paint.
Once I got that done, I got to repairing... there's a good size chunk missing in the window frame in the second picture you may have noticed. There also were, count them, two dozen nail, screw, and other holes around the room, in addition to cracks in the plaster, window frames that were not flush with each other, and holes between the wall and the frames on every door and window, as well as chunks missing from the woodwork, paint smears, and other unevenness on the walls. My favorite discovery? That the doors were white on one side, cream on the other... and no, that was not because the rooms on the other side were another color! They only painted the sides you could see when the doors are open, as they usually are.
Patched up, sanded, TSP washed, rinsed (which, I might add, I totally did from the floor using my new microfiber mop...) and ready to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment