Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kids' Take on Marriage

I was helping LaTia today and had my left hand on her paper guiding her to skip lines while she was writing her very first draft of writing ever. She started touching my wedding and engagement rings, and the following conversation ensued between her and Serria (the child's name, of course, is changed, but I chose this because like this spelling of the name Sierra, the child's name is a normal name but does not use the conventional spelling...):

LaTia: "This your wedding ring? I've never seen one, I don't know anybody who is married!"
Serria: "Yeah, that's her wedding ring! She got two on there because one is for when you get engaged and one is for when you get married."

I was about to be impressed that Serria knew that, when she continued talking:

Serria: "My cousin just got engaged! He got engaged to my other cousin!"

Wow. Just wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment