Babak has an ETA of around 8 pm tonight. I can't wait! I'm cooking up a favorite Persian meal of his as a little welcome home honor, and then we're going to make Oreo homemade ice cream for desert.
I am so wildly happy that he is coming home. While I know it was "only" 8 weeks, and I got to go visit him in Baltimore for my birthday and the Fourth of July and that he also came down to visit here for his birthday, it was still way too much time apart for my taste. Uncle Possum reminded us that, sometimes, you just have to be apart--and that is very true. We did learn that, for the future, we can handle about 2 weeks okay. Beyond that? Yeah, not so much. So next time we run into a situation where one of us has to go somewhere, 2 weeks needs to be the max, or both of us need to go. Hopefully, with my teaching career promising summers and holidays off, that won't be too difficult to make happen!
Okay, back to cleaning the house... we have, over the past three weeks, had a total of 7 first year Teach for America teachers staying with us. I was also prepping for going back to the classroom. We consequently have lots of tiny pieces of laminate and construction paper EVERYWHERE, not to mention all of the teacher stuff I still haven't taken to school and the various things they forgot here. I'm trying to get the place straightened up and cleaned before Babak gets here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yay...happy you will be together again!
ReplyDelete