Today, in an attempt to convince my 4th graders that similes and metaphors really do matter, I told them that Nikki Minaj says "similes, metaphors" in Jay Sean's song "2012." The entire class was a little shocked that me, their old, geeky English teacher listened to someone as flippin' cool as Nikki Minaj. But here I was, quoting lyrics, so I was totally legit. Utter shock.
Mark summed it up quite well. Too bad, I didn't have a camera to snap the hilarious look on his face as he said this to the class:
"She really listens to Nikki Minaj! I thought that kind of people listened to, like, country music."
"What kind of people?" I asked him.
"I don't know," he replied, "whatever YOU are."
White? Old? Adult? Presumably country? It was hysterical.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All of the above! :-) That's awesome! Way to teach those 4th graders about what is really cool.....hehe! I miss you!
ReplyDelete