Friday was, for all intents and purposes, the last day of school. We had our awards day (and my children's accomplishments were impressive, if I do say so myself!) and most of the children who were there went home afterwards. About a half-dozen fourth graders spent the rest of the day with me and my team teacher. Monday is technically a school day, albeit a short day that dismisses at noon, but I'd venture to say only 2-3 kids will show up, but who knows.
Then, this morning, Babak's second group he taught in 5th grade "graduated" from 8th grade. Some of the children we frequently care for are in the class, and getting them ready for it (and all passing) is now done... although one of the children who is likely spending at least some of her summer was there, eager to come home with us, so not quite as much of a relief to have that over as I thought!
But for now, hubby's napping, chickens are outside in their coop now that they are old and big enough, and I am taking VERY full advantage of the Dollar Days on Scholastic's downloadable teacher resources. So quiet! I never have such silence, so I'm not sure what to do. I'd worry, but it'll be broken soon. I think there are friends coming for dinner soon...?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment