This is apparently Mo's week. For reference, Mo is TINY. He is this very thin, very short, cute-as-a-button teeny tiny little guy. He fits in a milk crate no problem.
So today, Mo comes in with a particularly inquisitive look on his face. I could tell he had something rolling around in that quick-paced brain of his, but there was no telling what--typically, he's begging me for permission to take more books home (he's a hoarder, I've busted his locker twice, first time I got FORTY books, today I scored in with EIGHTEEN even AFTER I told him to turn the excess in!). Today, it was flood-themed.
"Mrs. Mostaghimi, you know how to swim?"
"Yes, Mo, I swam on a team for years and I can teach you how to swim, but we don't have a pool."
"But you said we can learn anything we want after the MCT, like we are gonna learn Spanish or Persian. We gotta learn how to swim too."
"Yes, Mo, I know, but we still don't have a pool. I can't teach you to swim without a pool."
"No, Mrs. Mostaghimi, it's gonna be flooded! So we gotta learn how to swim so we don't drown. And we can learn in the flood!"
Dear me. Let's hope not. And I clarified for him that should the town flood, we are GETTING OUT and taking our books with us (actually, they'll be moving out this week ahead of any potential flooding). Nobody's swimming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment