Tuesday, May 3, 2011

No such thing as privacy

Today, I took my laptop into school for us to play a review Jeopardy, and since I was already taking it, I promised to bring pictures of the baby chicks for the kids to see. I put a picture up of one of them, and I hear lots of "oohs" and "cute!" from the kids. Then one little voice pipes up from near the back:

"That chick is cute! But I already saw that one on Facebook."

Um, really? Because the only child who is my "friend" on Facebook is one whose activity I monitor (long story) and the others have to wait three more weeks until they are no longer my student if they want to be my "friend."

So I asked: "Mo, how did you see my chicks on Facebook?"

Mo, sheepishly, replied: "I might have been stalking you. Maybe. And I might have seen her already. You know, maybe."

So much for privacy settings! Glad I don't drink, wear trashy outfits, or really do anything at all I wouldn't want my kiddos to know about or see!

No comments:

Post a Comment