I have noticed a particularly amusing characteristic of an excessively tired Babak. An awake and energetic Babak helps out a lot around the house... eagerly, even. But a sleepy Babak? He will calmly turn off all of the lights in a dirty kitchen or in a dining room with dishes still on the table and nonchalantly walk away. If he can't see it, naturally it must not be there.
I think he may believe there's a little house-cleaning fairy that will come and make it all disappear so his overly tired self won't have to acknowledge it. And my tendency to swoop in behind him into these darkened spaces and clean them probably isn't quite helping with that notion, either.
And to be clear, I don't actually care. He vacuums and takes out trash and mows the lawn and unloads everything but the silverware from the dishwasher. He evens makes neat little piles out of the mulitple pairs of socks he leaves on the living room floor. I cannot complain :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ashley, haven't you ever heard.... "Don't do anything for him that you don't want to do for the rest of your life?" This is why I pretty much refuse to do dishes at any time. haha. Honestly, I'm surprised he vaccuums, mows, unloads the dishwasher, etc! (Love you Babak!) :)
ReplyDelete