Today was our first day of school for the week, so we did our weekly introduction of new vocabulary words on Tuesday since we didn't have school on Monday. One of our new words for the week is was "peer," and we are working on multiple meaning words, so we learned both "to look" and "a person of similar age or position." While explaining the second and more confusing meaning, we were running through examples. Our first example was classmates, and I called on six random children to name a peer, and each child named a classmate. Next, they were to name a peer for me, and I expected the second class to do the same as the first--call out the names of other teachers in the school. Lo and behold, I call on the first child and get the name of my team teacher, and I call on the second... and I get a loud, emphatic "JESUS!"
No, dear, not quite a prophet of God here teaching you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A professor here and I go to this really rural school district and work with teachers on developing their social studies and writing instruction. Well, part of what we do is have students make connections with different historical people. If I had a dollar for every student who connected someone to Jesus! haha.
ReplyDelete