Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Baltimore Adventures

My birthday was July 1, which means I am now 27 (ah! apparently I'm making my mother feel old by approaching 30). Babak had bought plane tickets for me to fly up to visit him in Baltimore before he left, and we planned it for me to get there for my birthday and stay through the Fourth of July and leave on the 6th. It was GREAT fun!

Babak picked me up from the airport and took me out to dinner (his cousin Raamin also came with us) to P.F. Chang's, one of my favorite places to eat that he chose. I was thrilled, particularly since we don't have the place down here. The next day we watched the World Cup games, made my favorite cake and homemade cookies & cream ice cream, and did some shopping for a few things for our new house. On Saturday we went for a hike and tromped around the creek at one of our favorite places in Baltimore, Big Gunpowder Falls State Park.

Sunday was hot, hot, hot for Baltimore, but that was fine by me and the 4th is one of my absolute favorite holidays. I dig fireworks like none other! We made burgers, went on a walk to the inner harbor (where, at Federal Hill, Babak told me he had wanted to propose but we weren't in Baltimore at the right time), and that night we went into DC to watch the fireworks from, follow this, Babak's cousin's girlfriend's office building. It was way cool, mostly because you could see about 6 different fireworks shows in the distance.

I think it's a little obvious how much I miss not being with Babak every day! I was so happy to get to see him. I also got some amazing Babak cooking while I was there :) Not shabby. He'll be visiting me in Mississippi at the end of the month for his birthday, and back in mid-August. I'm ready.

Our friends Ali and Eric stayed at our house while I was gone. They were visiting the Delta, and unfortunately we missed actually seeing them. I came home to this, however, which I think may show you just how well they know us!

No comments:

Post a Comment