Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The rest of the yard

When we moved in, the house had been vacant for a couple of months so the yard wasn't exactly looking too well kept. I've mowed, weeded, killed off pesky weeds in the driveway and parking pad, and raked like a mad woman.

Yesterday, I spent a good chunk of time weeding the front left (we have a left and right side of "landscaping") and removing the first batch of dying hostas. They simply couldn't take the massive amount of direct sun. Today, I started transplanting crab grass from the side of the house out front, cleaned up the beds on the right side of the house, and cleaned the trash and tree mess from the left side. I've been working to move more hostas, cleaning up even more magnolia mess (which, I might say, is WORTH IT for the kickin' awesome tree we've got!), and making sure everybody's getting enough water in the sweltering heat--both me and the plants!

Here's where the hostas are moving to, next to the gate:


Currently, the front of the house looks like this, as it's in the process of looking good:

The side of the house is improving:

I am planning to move these guys out of the current garden area, and to the other side of the house that, as you can see, is currently a bit blah.


I think they'll look quite nice here!

No comments:

Post a Comment