Monday, July 19, 2010

White cabinets and the kitchen is done!

I spent the past day and a half or so taking down and painting the kitchen cabinets. I wasn't thrilled about this endeavor, because getting those little punks to come down was HARD. I mean, it was so difficult I got the workout of the summer on it and I've not exactly been doing light work. Some of them refused, so I painted their stinkin' little selves right up there--also not easy.

Now, they are white. I painted them the same as the trim. Some of them need some touch ups and the like, but I'm a bit burned out on painting at the moment so that'll just have to get done later this week.



I did realize doing this painting that there are some other imperfections that I'll need to deal with eventually. For one, the hinges are mostly in bad shape. While many of them work properly, many are bent or just off somehow from years and year of use. They also have paint on them from many past painting efforts, which annoys my perfectionist side like none other. Several doors also have areas that show cracks or other issues from there being several layers of paint, bumps into them, and that sort of thing--all things I can and could fix, but not in the weekend I set aside for this paint job. And then there are the knobs. The knobs are nice. But the knobs really just aren't my style at all. I'm happy though, because I needed white cabinets, and now, I have them!

1 comment:

  1. I really really LOVE those cabinet handles/nobs! They really add a touch of fun to the amazing kitchen! I am really in love with your house and all you're doing to it! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete