The great way I was going to start my weekend was by going to our town's little Farmer's Market and getting some fresh homegrown tomatoes. That seriously starts the weekend off the right way.
However, when I pulled into the parking lot the place was hopping... and there was one lady not paying attention. There was a car stopped in front of me waiting for someone who was pulling out, so I was stopped and there was another car behind me. The lady saw the car behind me back up (she says... it looked in my rearview like they went back maybe 2 feet considering pulling across to a spot someone was pulling out of) and she thought they were giving her space to back up. Uhhhh, except for half of my car was still behind her? She pulled her CRV right into the back passenger side of my beloved and lovely Camry.
Not major damage, but it is definitely dented. There's no way I was at fault, but I didn't need one more thing to do before school starts in a couple of week, especially not something that could take my car away for any amount of time. I also was there right when it started because I wanted the best selection... but it wasn't until 15 minutes till the market closed that I FINALLY got to get some tomatoes, squash, and peaches. Stuff better be good, let me tell you.
At least we were all of one block from the police department and the officer they sent out when I called was good. I made sure I got out right away, got their insurance information and got the cops out there. Their car wasn't damaged, and it was pretty obvious who was at fault--and they were from Ridgeland, outside of Jackson, not our town. So it goes. Now, back to painting the kitchen as I need that room to be usable again asap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment