Thursday, July 22, 2010

These are few of my favorite things...

So I was just thinking of all the things that make me happy. There are a LOT of them, but these are the ones on my mind the most recently!

1. Babak. He is definitely #1. Always. What I find the most remarkable is that I always want to be with him, even if it's 24/7. I figured you get sick of people after a while and want a break, but for some reason I have never gotten tired of Babak for even a moment, not even when we were just friends. Guess that works out well when you're married, huh? :) Yeah, I love my husband a whole spankin' lot.

2. Summer! I don't know why I like hot weather and sunshine so much, but I do. I also like the awesome fruits that you can get fresh in the summer and pools and oceans and all of that, too. Probably doesn't hurt that I was born in the summer, my favorite holiday (July 4! It has fireworks. I LOVE fireworks) is in the summer, and I have tons of awesome childhood memories of summer too.

3. A nice, cold Coke. Preferably fresh from the freezer for about 20 minutes. Even better if it's in a glass bottle.

4. Family. I love all of our family, but I have to admit a special fondness for both the oldest members of our family (Bababazourg and Mamanbazourg on Babak's side, and my Reed grandparents and numerous awesome great aunts and uncles on my side--Great Aunts Jeannette, Margaret, and Vivian, and Great Uncle Red in particular) and the youngest members, Leila and Ariana. I have no issue traveling far and wide to see our families, let me tell you. I'm hoping Leila loves flying as she gets older so she can come see me a lot.

5. Water. The hose is my latest source of playing in the water, and I am seriously considering getting myself a kiddie pool. Our coast is full of oil, you can't swim in the Mississippi (at least no safely), and we don't belong to a pool around here, at least not yet. And I am a fish, and fish need... water.

6. Babak grilling. Yes, his grilling get its own special spot. Have you had his ribs? Yup, spot-worthy all on their own.

7. Marshmallows. Preferably roasted, but you know I'll eat them in any shape or form I can get my hands on.

8. Cake. This is on my mind because I just had my birthday, and we had my favorite cake: yellow cake (not that butter recipe crap, just straight up YELLOW, nice and fake sounding) with milk chocolate buttercream frosting. It was delectable.

9. Antiques. Old houses. Vintage kitchen stuff. Essentially, cool old stuff.

10. Kids. Let's hope this stays on my top 10 likes on August 5 when the new babies arrive in my classroom :)

2 comments:

  1. What about your awesome friends... you know like me! hehe. just kidding!

    That's Michael's favorite cake too.

    We have a lot of similar favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is only 10 of my favorites! You know I have a LOT more and one of them is you :)

    ReplyDelete