Friday, July 23, 2010

Southern Neighbors

We have some fantastic neighbors--a vivacious grandmother always on the go (she has a bedridden ill husband as well, but we've never met him) that brought us homemade bread when we moved in, and a great young family with a 13 year old daughter. We also, up until about a week ago, had a group of college dudes living next door.

I say dudes on purpose.

Luckily, they've been more or less gone since we got here, just their junk was over there. We met their landlord the day we moved in (he's got to be near 100) and heard from aforementioned good neighbors about their raucous habits. Great. Well, actually, it IS great now! I found some new Teach for America corps members (three girls that are all super nice) that want to live there, so the landlord kicked out the boys and they've been cleaning the place up.

The reason this post is titled "Southern neighbors?" 'Cause I sure have been one, peeking in the windows to keep an eye on their progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment